Milanoo is a shop you need to avoid for several reasons, in this post I will provide links and hopefully a mini history lesson. Since EGL removed the warning about Milanoo many newbies have come forward and asked about them, I also see many bloggers using "their" stock photos and posting about them. Please read this post because deciding to advertise, support or even just browsing their website. If the text is bold (for this post only) it means it's a link, please click these for evidence and personal stories.
In 2009 Milanoo started to appear on EGL with a few good reviews but when October rolled round things started to shift, of course Milanoo had plenty of negative reviews before this but this was when it came to my attention. At first the replicas seemed to be okay but more and more people came forward with bad experiences.
- There's a ridiculous amount of negative reviews off EGL, if you're interested in reading all the reviews on EGL please click here and follow the tags. However if you're lazy then just look at this review here, it's one of the worst reviews I've read. A lack of quality, incredibly late shipping and terrible construction is what they're all about. Now we've established that there's more negative reviews than children in the world I'll move onto the next issue.
- There's a lack of customer service to say the least, some people have had their money took even though they cancelled. In some cases the service simply doesn't exist for them, they get no replies and no refunds.
- Milanoo trolled the community and tried to justify their actions, they also created several sock puppets accounts and tried to manipulate people again. Yahoo answers was also a victim at one point but the questions and accounts was deleted after it was posted.
- They steal stock photos from other sites, they change the background and enlarge the item which is why the pixelation is so bad. Just because it has a massive watermark across it doesn't mean it's their image, they don't always use photos of their actual items. Click here for advise on recognising stolen stock photos.
- They have several shops in different names, click here to view the list.
- The company is so awful that a boycott was arranged and they was eventually banned from the community.