Damn I want her hair, source.
- Scarfs! I currently have an obsession with vintage scarfs, they're cheap and it fixes my shopping urge without over spending. During the day if it's vaguely warm I tie it around my bag and when it starts to get cold I wrap it around my neck.
- Ear muffs! Oh my Jam Tarts they're so cute, I desperately want some this year because I doubt I will wear a hat even though I should. A black fuzzy pair would be wonderful.
- Hats! I'm hoping I'll find a hat I want to wear this year but I'm always unsure whether it'll suit me. I hope nobody wears those odd floppy hats that make them look like they have a penis on their head.
- A hand muff! This a roll of material which you place your hands inside, I love the furry ones.
- Gloves! Obviously, who can go through Winter with no gloves? I want some leather gloves this year because I end up chewing my gloves and they unravel *guilty*
Cover up with...
- A cardigan, a wardrobe classic and comes in several forms. Every girl should have at least one in her wardrobe, I recommend buying a basic black one and DIYing it yourself. It's much easier than trying to find an original one, you could add a trim or buy a cute vintage brooch. I'm obsessed with brooches, I have a whole box of them.
- A bolero, much smaller and doesn't really add much warmth but updates your outfit easily. I prefer these at this time of year because it's still warm on some days but I would look silly with just a vest on. Be careful in choosing your fabric, if you want it for Winter then choose a knitted version. Lolita boleros are much cuter and have more ruffles, if you're looking for a frilly design then browse TaoBao.
- A blazer, best reserved for night time but they're so simple and easy to find. My favourite are black tailored ones with padded shoulders, then I add silly amounts of necklaces and brooches. Winter is the best time to find velvet blazers so if you find one, snap it up and send me one.
- A jumper, I seriously need more of these. My favourite are v necks and I wear a stripy shirt underneath, however literally all of mine are damaged. They either have holes, shrunk, too big or are covered in printing ink. That's why I don't wear my good stuff to college anymore! There are so many different types of jumpers, when I finally get a job I plan to create a whole Winter wardrobe around jumpers. A knitted over sized one to wear with jeans during the days and swap them for thick tights for night time. Add a studded belt with big boots and I'm done!