- Very occasionally I scowl at people who stare me and tell them to stop, when I have serious PMS I don't care about the "subculture's rep". Just gently place chocolate and a cute cat near me and back away.
- I barely dress gothic for college, once an assistant teacher asked me if I knew about Goths because I might be interested and I just sat there like shit really? You must be new lady.
- When my socks mismatch it's actually because I'm too lazy to find the other one.
- I feel guilty that I only add to the "All Goths are depressed" stereotype, I'm a mildly grumpy person but deep down in the depths of my personality there's a friendly, social person. Deep inside.
- One time a man came up to me and tried to have a conversation about Goths, I really didn't want to talk to him but I didn't want to be rude either. So...I pretended to be french in order to escape. Don't judge me! It didn't work anyway and I had to shuffle my feet about for a few minutes until I could leave, I think I fooled him until I said goodbye in a blatant Yorkshire accent. Doh.
- My goth nickname is simply Robert Smith, when people introduce me it's just "And this is Robert Smith."
- I have never met another Goth offline, I'm not kidding either. I would love to have a meet up but there's noone to ask.
Personally I don't think of this stuff should be a secret, I'm far too lazy to pretend I'm a perfect Goth who always acts polite and wears velvet 24/7. It's not a big deal if you don't act polite to non-Goths sometimes or you would rather dress in yoga pants at the weekends. Share your ~confessions~